Sunday, August 14, 2005

thoughts on hamlet

"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man."
~William Shakespeare, from Hamlet

I've been going to a lot of Shakespeare plays in vancouver since i've been home and the other night when i was watching hamlet, the above quote stuck out to me above anything else. It made me think again about who I am. I think that person is very different from the person I pretend to be... I'm not often true to my actual character and who I am and as a result I'm false to most men. I just want to be myself, but in order to do that, I have to first discover who that person really is.

2 comments:

leslie said...

i love your blog, vanessa. there is no gobbeldy gook about it, if you know what i mean. it is refreshing to read!
by the way, i have hair right now similar to that in your photo.

Vanessa said...

thanks leslie. i must say that i love your blog as well and it always encourages me so much, because it's real with no fake stuff... i appreciate it. i'd like to say a photo with your hair as it is in my photo. i have ears similar to that in your photo.. haha.. just kidding