Monday, December 19, 2005

a very long day


So, I ended up getting my damaged passport in the mail on friday, allowing me to go into the passport office early this morning. I got there and the wait wasn't too long (only an hour and a half). Then I find out they need to contact my guarantor (person who signs my passport pics, etc.) and then I realize she's gone on holidays... So they send me back home (quite a drive once again) where I have to fill out a new passport form and find someone new to sign all my stuff. Then I drove back and finally got it all done and complete! So if everything goes as planned, I should be able to pick up my passport on Wednesday morning. I spent 7.5 hours in pursuit of a passport today. And this week I'll have gone to the passport office four times. Sometimes I wonder if maybe all this resistance is a sign for me not to go... or maybe it's just that I have to persevere through the struggle of getting everything done. i ask myself what i should be learning through all this, because so far it's been nothing and i'm simply left kind of angry.

1 comment:

leslie said...

congratulations on getting that extra bit closer.