Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sixth Stop: Malta















The first thing I learned this day was that Malta is a country. Felt a bit geographically bad that I didn't know that before, but now I do! And it is as a matter of fact that island on which Paul was shipwrecked on his way to Rome. I knew I recognized the name of it somewhere! Anyway, Malta is a country that has been the brunt of many wars. So there is a lot of things that are destroyed and a ton of history there. We went to the capital and for the moment the name of it has disappeared from my mind! Then we went to the old capital, Mdina. It was interesting comparing the two and seeing both as well. As the boat pulled into the harbor, it was the most beautiful sight, as you can probably see from a couple of the pictures! Anyway, time i Malta was good and I'm glad I got to visit that country!



No comments: