Friday, August 18, 2006

very sad

my fish tank was green and it was gross and i felt bad for the fish.

the green, dirty tank looked gross in my room.

Gabby had no side fins left and her back fins were almost gone.

i thought i'd surprise my fish and clean their water.

i know you're supposed to do gradual water changes as to not shock them.

but i wanted the green water to be gone.

so i went through the tedious process of emptying forty gallons of green water into my toilet and then filling up forty gallons of water in a bucket in my shower.

i scrubbed all the plants and buildings for them.

dumped them into the clean water, and they were happy.

the tank hasn't been cleaner and looks great.

i came home and they were all floating around sideways.

now my last three fish are dead, sitting outside in my garbage can with water waiting to be thrown into the field of dead fish.

my fish tank is clean, but it is empty.

this makes me very sad.

1 comment:

J Isaacs said...

What a fabulously funny poem... I love it, love it, love it.

Also, it's sad that the fish died.