Wednesday, September 14, 2005

charlie and the chocolate factory


Saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory again this evening. For some strange reason it's one of the movies that has most impacted me... God has taught me so much about compromise and how we give up Him (our family if you look at the movie) for the world (candy-following the movie again). What an amazing picture and a contrast between willy and charlie. one abandons His father who truly loves him in search for something that satisfied...and it does for a while, but in the end he's left unhappy. And then charlie who refuses some of the biggests temptations, because he's faithful to his family and the love that exists in that relationship. what an amazing picture. and when willy finally goes back to his dad's house, the walls are covered with newspaper clippings of everything he's been doing. If that were God, and I'd been straying for a long time, I think He would do just that-post newspaper articles all around, because He was so proud of me and loved me so much. Even though I abandon Him at times, He's watching my every move and knows all that I'm doing. Good reminders.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I love that movie!