Sunday, October 23, 2005

back again


Just arrived home from Africa yesterday. It was a wonderful two weeks, going on safaris, driving around and just hanging out at the lodges. I enjoyed getting to know other tourists there as well as the staff at the different lodges. Learned a bit of swahili, which was always enjoyable to those who heard. :) I am home now and it feels strange to be here. I feel like being back in Africa. Should have accepted the marriage proposal I got.. haha.. But I loved seeing the people there and their joy of life as well as their ability to simply rest and enjoy the day sitting by the side of the road. I need things to do. Imagine just sitting by the road all day. Resting and relaxing. Sounds good.

7 comments:

amelia said...

why why WHY were you in afirca?

Brittany said...

agreed- WHY WHY WHY didn't you take me?! you realize you must tell ALL about the magical country! if i were here one more day i would come visit you! actually- tomorrow we go to abbotsford to visit aunt pat's daughter Erin who hopefully had her baby- maybe we could see you then?! why DIDN'T you accept the marriage proposal? it's africa. that should have been enough to sway your mind!

Vanessa said...

I was in africa on a family holiday. because my mom wanted to go, i'm in her family, therefore i went. :) so basically to travel and go on safaries. sorry i didn't take you brittanie, next time for sure. i saw pat this morning and she said erin hadn't had her baby.. the doctor said it could be a day or a week.. that'd be crazy waiting! funny thought that you and i will both be in abbotsford today. what a small world we live in!

leslie said...

that photo is shocking!

im glad you're home, nessa

Brittany said...

I was in abbotsford as well this morning, and i saw pat just before she went to the gym which is where i assume you saw her. we stopped by to see erin and to pick up our new bed from opa at about 8am and then drove through abbotsford to the border where we proceeded to come home in our UHAUL. all the while i was wondering what you were doing while i was driving through your town. thanks for thinking of me also.

Vanessa said...

i am glad the photo worked on its shock value. :)

Vanessa said...

brittanie, maybe you even drove by my house. who knows. craziness. :) glad we could be in the same city at the same time. hope you guys had a good trip home.