Wednesday, October 26, 2005

grumbling...

Lately I've been grumbling about a lot of things, especially at work. The hours I get, my wage and so on. And it's caused me to get angry, frustrated and changed the way I've acted at times which isn't so nice. And amidst my grumbling, God calls me to trust Him. And I don't. I keep looking at my circumstances and complaining. Then He gets me a raise. Then the person who took over for me in mornings is leaving so I get my mornings back. Not all that bad. Why didn't I just trust Him?

1 comment:

leslie said...

oswald chambers told me the other day:
"never make this plea - if only i were somewhere else! all God's men are ordinary men made extraordinary by the matter He has given them. unless we have the right matter in our minds intellectually and in our hearts affectionatly, we will be hustled out of usefulness to God. we are not workers for God by choice.
...when God has put His call on you, woe be to you if you turn to the right hand or to the left. He will do with you what He never did with you before the call came; He will do with you what He is not doing with other people. Let Him have His way."
maybe that helps if work continues to frustrate you at all. i thought it might because it helped me a lot thinking of how dumb work is and how pointless in my life.