Wednesday, November 02, 2005

selfish

My eyes have been opened more and more to see how incredibly selfish I am. Everything revolves around me, me, me. Everyone needs to know about me and care about me. But that's not what it's about. This is where my focus is and that's why everything seems so crummy! My focus needs to be on God and on others. And loving them no matter what. I keep worrying about getting hurt. And so I can't even have proper relationships with others, because I'm not honest. I'm a fake person. I need to crack open and risk being vulnerable and weak.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

it's the hardest thing in the world to do i think. but it's definetly rewarding in the end. From my little two months awakening to marriage, i would think it'd be absolutly impossible to be married without being vulnerable and weak at times. Good luck vanessa. it's an uncommon road you're treading down. But take heart.