Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Narrow Path

"Enter through the narrow gate;for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matthew 7:13-14
Often we brush this passage off as talking about non-Christians, but I think we miss the message. I believe this verse is talking about Christians. Our society seems to have created this broad wide path that is pretty easy to walk on. We can be a Christian, enjoy life, worship gods that don't come in statue form, and we can live in sin calling it our culture. From what I've read in the bible, it doesn't seem to be that easy.
So what does it look like to walk on the narrow path then? Counting the cost of following Christ, and dying to ourselves daily, moment by moment. Glorifying Christ in all we do and living solely for that purpose. I find myself glancing to the wide path and wanting to walk on it because it's easier. But I know in the end it's not goign to satisfy. What path are you walking on?

No comments: