Saturday, January 21, 2006

Water

Went to Vancouver tonight to go see a movie there called 'Water'. It's the third in a trilogy by a Canadian director. It was such an incredible movie. It's about a seven year old Hindu girl that is widowed and goes to live in a widow house where they're all to be practising self-denial. The movie was well done and there were tons of amazing messages with it. I would highly recommend it.

I've watched quite a few foreign movies lately and the thing that is always so different is that the endings often leave you hanging and they're quite sad... Here in North America all our movies have happy, nicely packaged endings that leave you feeling warm and fuzzy. Yet that's not reality. Interesting how they present it as it is.

On another note, the car alarm sage continues as my controller to turn off my alarm wouldn't work after the movie, therefore causing my alarm to go off and my car not to start. Oh the fun! I thought i was stuck there, but eventually somehow I got the car started and I drove home! Of course that was only after standing on the Vancouver street helplessly listening to the alarm go off for quite some time...

1 comment:

TonyandKaylen said...

A 7 year old widow? really? crazy..

your car alarm cracks me up :)