Monday, February 20, 2006

oh the joys of starbucks!


So I had my first day of work at Starbucks today and loved it! it was a lot of reading and so on, and it's a lot of info, but I"m really excited to work there and yah.. Getting three drinks while I worked was quite nice as well!! i got to make two drinks today as practise and that was also quite enjoyable. I'm looking forward to being able to get in there and know everything. :)

One of Starbucks mission statements is to create enthusiastically satisfied customers. I think I saw those words like fifty times today in my training manual. But anyway, I love how much they want you to connect with the customers and how that's one of their main values. It's exciting to work somewhere that really encourages something I love doing!!

So yay for Starbucks!! I have always wondered where their logo comes from and what it symbolizes.. Interesting. Does anybody know or care to guess?

3 comments:

Robin M said...

i googled 'starbucks logo' because your post made me curious! i found some interesting stuff... apparently the logo's been changed a few times.

leslie said...

yea i have to say finding the logo history out was remarkably interesting. i am curious what you are told as an employee. i read a lot off google also, and the explanation of the logo progression as told by Howard Schultz (puchased starbucks from it's two owners in 1987?)

amelia said...

YAY starbucks. I don't feel like googling it. i wonder if i will ever be hired by them?