Saturday, April 15, 2006

amazing love

happy Good Friday all! I was reminded in huge ways again today of God's immense love for us. And how we're reminded of that on today, the day set apart as the one where Jesus died for us. So we could have a relationship with God. Wow. He knew we would reject Him, He knew we would forget about Him, not pay attention to Him, worship other idols in our lives, have other priorities other than Him, go to other things to satisfy rather than Him, yet HE DIED FOR US. Because He loved us. He saw all our faults and everything we ever did against Him and took those things upon Himself.

The reason I was reminded of this mainly was because lately I've been getting frustrated with a situation at work and holding grudges and getting angry, gossiping, and slandering. not cool. but i think i have a right to it, because I've been wronged! Poor me! Life is so miserable. Not so. How dare I hold a grudge against someone else and withold love from them in view of everything Christ has done for me. Yes, I still need to deal with the things coming up, but in LOVE! Christ's love, not my own. Mine doesn't go so far. Hard to do, but God is love and if I'm truly letting Him reign in my life, that love should reign and flow out every moment of my day. I need to surrender the frustrations to Him and let His love overflow.

No comments: