Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Cascades


Welcome to my 100th post! Today was a gloriously sunny day and I had a day off so I decided to start my summer plan of discovering new places I've never been! So today I went to The Cascades which is a park with a bunch of waterfalls in it! It was absolutely beautiful! The big waterfall was amazing and watching it shoot down was beautiful! Then I hiked a bit more to the Upper Pools and there sat on a rock in the middle of the rushing river and enjoyed the sounds and sights around me as well as the sun baking me! So nice and warm! As I sat there I read my bible a bit and spent some time simply being still before the Lord. With the overwhelming sound of the water rushing around me and the beauty of creation around me, I kind of forgot that life outside of what I was surrounded by existed. It was me, God and His creation all around and it was fantastic! What a wonderful day! To see more pictures, check out my pictures blog and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Chrys said...

Wow, you take amazing pictures. Sounds like you had a peaceful day :) I agree, we should get together. This weekend's totally crazy, but maybe tomorrow or Thursday afternoon?? I'll call you.

The Lamoureux's said...

It looks so peaceful! Where are they? Checkin' out new places is so much fun to do! Hope you enjoyed your days off!

The Lamoureux's said...

Wondering how your week is going, haven't been into Starbucks in the mornings this week (I'm fighting a bad cold/flu) Thinking about you and wanted to say hi!