Tuesday, May 23, 2006

close call

Last night driving home, I had a close call with a nearly severe car accident. My mind was off thinking about something and as I was driving through an intersection I had to wonder why there was a jeep going through the other way.. Suddenly i realized the light was red and we were both going really fast and he was about to hit me right on the driver's side. Thankfully, I sped up and he slowed down, and everything was fine. Praise the Lord for keeping me safe! The suddeness and shortness of my life definitely flashed before my eyes in that moment and it really made me think about a lot of things. May is always the time of year my thoughts are brought back to life and death especially because saturday marks the fifth year since my oldest brother Leon died suddenly in a motorbike accident. Memories of our last days together are happy but mixed with sorrow at missing him. I pray that I would continually be able to grieve freely and to let stuff out. So you can all think of me this saturday.

I'm tired today. I've worked six days straight and have three more to go. But I am looking forward to having three straight days off! Yay! (and i will be sure to push decline if work happens to call...) Hopefully i'll have some good pics of whatever I decide to do on the weekend. Hope you all have a good week!

2 comments:

The Lamoureux's said...

I just sat down to catch up on some blogging and I read your post. You are definatley in my thoughts this month especially more so than others. Praise the Lord for his protection and enjoy your days off.

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Hi Vanessa,
What a treat to get a comment from you. At first I wondered who you were. You always leave an impression on me. I love the way you bring so much life to wherever you are. Blessings to you today. You are beautiful!