Saturday, May 27, 2006

tribute


I write this post today in memory of my oldest brother Leon, who died five years ago today. As I write this, I can't believe that five years have actually gone by without him and it seems as though he was part of a different life in a faraway memory, or it seems like it was just yesterday that we were hanging out together, enjoying life.
He always lived life to the fullest and enjoyed every moment, not necessarily caring what other people thought.
He loved biking and would do anything on his bike. He died in a motorbike accident, doing what he loved.





I miss you tons Leon, in good times and hard times. In victories and defeats, my desire is always to share what's going on, because I know you would rejoice with me! And I can't wait for the day when I will see you in Heaven! Hope you and Dad are having a blast!

4 comments:

The Lamoureux's said...

I'm at a bit of a loss for words after reading that...thanks for sharing your very personal thoughts. Leon's life was such a testimony of God's goodness and unconditional love for us. He touched many peoples lives as they watched him draw near to God in those years following high school. thinking of you today.......Lots of love Vanessa. Praying for a special sense of peace from our maker today.

TonyandKaylen said...

yeah, thanks for sharing that :)
that baby picture with the cut on his head looks so much like you in the face! :)

Kristal Sawyer said...

Hey Vanessa,

Thank you for sharing this amazing tribute to Leon with us.

I have been thinking of you and praying for you and your family lots today...thinking back to 5 years ago. Leon was such a great guy and is missed! I never was really able to tell him what a friend he was to me and how I was so proud of him and his decision to follow the Lord with ALL of his heart. His baptism and testimony will be one I remember forever--he was a changed man! I always say you could literally SEE the difference in his eyes after he accepted Christ into his life. Amazing. And because of God’s amazing grace and Leon’s decision we know that we will see him again!

Have you heard the Amanda Falk song "Adam's Song"? Anyways...everytime I hear the words I think of Leon.

You left too soon
I didn’t even get to say goodbye to you
And now I’m left
With only the few pictures that remain
I should’ve taken more
When I had the time
When you were mine

You’re not here
Can you hear me?
The call that shattered my world
Is the voice that called you home
And now I’m left to hurt
How can I face this world alone?

So now I wait
For the chance to see your face again
Cause I know this is not the end
I live for the day
When I will walk through heaven
And call your name
And you’ll run to me
Through those crowded streets
You’ll run to me

I know You hear me
And I can hear in my heart
The call that shattered my world
You’re the voice that called him home
And now I’m left to hurt
Not without hope
I cry with hope
Cause I’m not alone
---------------

Anyways…wanted to share these thoughts with you. Sorry the comment is so long.

Blessings,
Kristal

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Hi Vanessa,
You are a beautiful woman of God. An incredible sister, daughter and friend to those around you. Your heart knows pain but I have personally been touched by your joy. You light up the room Vanessa! May God continue to bless you as you bless others. Prayed for you today!
Rosanna