Saturday, June 10, 2006

June 10th

1. Today was Love Abbotsford! Where 120 churches in Abbotsford get together and do acts of kindness, giving stuff away as a practical way of showing God's love!! I was part of a mobile car wash team where we took a hose and some buckets and went around door to door asking people if we could hook up the hose and wash their cars! It was great! So good to bless people and also to chat with them and hear a bit of what's going on in their lives.

2. Met one guy whose two cars we washed and had a really interesting conversation with him. At first he didn't want to love abbotsford card i was giving out but he said we could wash the cars. He believes in a whole mish mash of things and I even heard him refer to the Da Vinci Code a few times as Scriptures. Interesting. Anyway, throughout the conversation, he decided he would like to come to our church,b ut only if God would lead him there and then he'd show up. then a few minutes later he asked where the church was... then he wanted directions and an address. Finally i gave him the love abby card with stuff on the front and a map to our church on the back and he said he would flip the card to see which side landed up and that would tell whether or not he would go to church! And the purple side landed up, so I hope to see Him tonight or some other night for that matter. I would love it if you guys could pray for him as well! thanks! i will share tomorrow whether or not he came.

3. I have the weekend off and it's so nice just to be able to enjoy relaxing. Took a four hour nap today and it felt so refreshing! I'm usually anti-nap so that was good that it made me feel better and not worse!

4. Interesting because after my post a couple days ago, last night at work I had a customer who was totally bold about their faith and excited to share, not caring in the least what I would think- It was so refreshing!

5. The other night through drive-thru, I asked a couple if they had any exciting plans for the evening... The guy said no, and then the girl said "well, we're planning our wedding"... i thought the black and white difference was kind of funny.

6. I really love meeting people at my church! I really want to continue getting to know more and more people, even though it is a big church! But they are my family in Christ and it's great to get to know them and chat with them every week!

7. I am wearing my favorite brown skirt today. I haven't worn it in a while, because when I first got it, I wore it all the time... didn't want people to think i only had one skirt.

8. i am really thirsty right now. i would like to be done so i can go get some water!

9. Lately the song that comes out when I burst into spontaneous singing (which happens often) is Great is Thy Faithfulness! So true.. and amidst me not being very faithful at times, He remains true.

10. I worry that by the 30th day of June people will not longer want to read to the bottom of my lists!

5 comments:

Chrys said...

No worries Vanessa. I'll always read to the bottom of the list if only to find out what 30 things you could possibly find to talk about!

Denichi said...

Hey Vanessa, clicked on your blog from Claire's and I am having a little read. I had a great time at Love Abby today as well. I'll be praying for the guy. The brown skirt looked hot!! But the real reason I came on your blog is that I thought you would have your wife resume up here. I wanteed to link it to some of the emails I am sending out to promote you. But I guess your blog is good enough. I'll let you know if I have any takers.
Cheer

The Lamoureux's said...

I love reading your lists! Keep in coming!

leslie said...

i love the lists, ness!

TonyandKaylen said...

i wore my favorite brown skirt today too! :)