Saturday, June 24, 2006

June 24th

1. Sometimes when I post at the end of the day I wish I had done it earlier so I could be in bed now.

2. This morning I awoke startled that I was late for work. I ran to my bathroom and put on my work clothes and walked back out only to realize it was 2:30 am. then i went back to bed.

3. Sadly I turned off my alarm clock at 2:30am and when I awoke at 4:20 am the numbers seemed odd.. then i realized that's because i'm supposed to be at work at 4:15. never in my life have i been late for a single shift until today. my perfect record is spoiled.

4. work was busy this morning, but fun nonetheless.

5. made and drank the most disgusting drink today. In a short cup, 4 pumps caramel, 5 pumps valencia, matcha powder (green tea) with steamed soy and caramel drizzle. gross. Josh and i made everyone try it just because we thought it was so funny.

6. the aftertaste of nasty drink lasted about an hour and left a chalky taste in your mouth. I can still taste remnants of it.

7. went to earls for lunch today and they bought some really fn new umbrellas for their patio. they're bright green and bright yellow and a lot of fun. at the right angle, they change the look of your skin color making things interesting.

8. i ate my first three cherries of the summer just now and they were good. I spit the pits into a half full starbucks cup of iced tea lemonade. hopefully no one feels the urge to drink the rest.

9. fell asleep on the couch this afternoon without meaning to!

10. after sandy got off work at nine, i brought japanese food to her house and we had a picnic on her balcony, watching the sunset and watching the sky change its multitude shades of blue.

11. it was sumas day today (the little town in the u.s. that's right across the border). they had fireworks and we watched them and it was fun.

12. Sumas, which is called a ghost town and doesn't have a very big population had better fireworks on their annual Sumas Day than Abbotsford (town of 130 000) has on Canada Day. Crazy.

13. Speaking of Sumas, they have an amazing Mexican food restaurant there. One of the only establishments left in the town other than a couple gas stations, a bar and a grocery store.

14. there's a photo convention in october i'd like to go to. An all day affair and the topics look mighty interesting.

15. Church tonight was really good. Challenging. Talked about gradualism and how were in our society gradually get pulled to complacency and tolerance by living int he world. Suddenly things aren't as bad anymore.

16. There was also a parable about a man who wanted to sell his house for two thousand dollars. someone wanted to buy it for 1000 and the only condition with that was that the owner could keep one item, that was the nail on top of the door. years later the old owner wants to buy the house back, and the new one says no. so the old owner finds a dog carcass and hangs in on the nail so that the stench and rot become so bad the new people have to sell the house and move out.

17. The parallel with that was that we ought not to let satan have a nail above our doorpost, where he can hang his rotten garbage so that my life becomes a stench and unlivable. interesting thinking.

18. Where in my life have I begun tolerating things of the world that are not of His word, just so I could be accepted, loved, have easy flowing relationships... there are definitely a few i can think of off the top of my head.

19. this number is to say hello to those people in church i said hi to tonight that mentioned something about reading my blog!! haha.. thought that deserved a number.

20. Two more shifts left!!!!

21. I have a day off tomorrow and we're having a piggy roast!

22. I am so thankful that where I work is air conditioned.

23. My room however is not.

24. So I might melt in my sleep tonight...

1 comment:

leslie said...

gosh i love you blog with the different points!