Sunday, March 04, 2007

Installment number two!



Lindie trying to hide from the wave about to pummel her!



Okay, well Tuesday morning we decided to go to Surfer's Point from where we started exploring and hiking a bit along the beach. We climbed over rocks and many other things until we ended up at a new beach. The water makes incredible formations in the rocks! Absolutely amazing! We had fun taking pictures! Once we got to the beach, we watched the guys who were kite surfing. It is incredibly amazing to watch them and they get incredible air and do flips and all sorts of fun stuff! Afterwards we headed over to the Barbados museum to catch up on some of the history of Barbados, etc. The best part was the children's section at the end, because they had dress up clothes and Lindie modelled a bunch of them and I took a bunch of pictures!! After the museum we headed to Accra beach to watch the sunset which was beautiful!







That night we went into Bridgetown which is the capital of Barbados. We had dinner at the Waterfront Cafe. It is a restaurant right on the water (harbor) and we sat outside under the stars and enjoyed the live steel band playing. It was also great to watch all the people dancing! They had a Bajan buffet so we got to enjoy some more of the local food! Our favorite dish was the pumpkin fritters-absolutely amazing! i bought a cookbook that has a recipe for them so I think I will try making them with our canned pumpkin!

Archer's Bay-this was found with a little "detour" we took and it was quite lovely! Had to offroad a bit in Ol' Betsy, but it all worked out well!

Wednesday we decided to be posh and go to the yacht club for lunch (some of Lindie's family has a membership there). Lindie and I took a really long walk on the beach and then enjoyed some flying fish for lunch! Yum! Afterwards we headed off for attempt number two to NorthPoint! And we made it!! We even found some extra little exciting spots to go explore (thanks to my amazing navigational skills!) North Point has a bunch of cliffs with waves crashing up against it. Definitely breathtaking! Had a good time walking around the edge of the cliffs and taking in the beauty of it all!


On the drive back, we headed through Speitstown and Holetown. We stopped at a few beaches for some nice walks and then went to Cocomos for dinner which is right on the water and it was an amazing setting to watch the sunset! And so ends my second installment. Once again, more pics on the pictures blog! Sorry for the delay in posts, but I don't want to give it all at once!




Today was a great first day home!! I went to bed at 6:30am and then got up at 8am for church. Came back and studied for my social psych exam. Then I went for a walk around Mill Lake with a friend and then out for dinner to my new favorite Japanese restaurant 'Mars Bistro'. Then I went to the gym for a workout and now I think I will study a bit for my psych of religion exam tomorrow!! I do not know where my energy has come from since I got about two hours of sleep last night. Perhaps while I am writing my two exams tomorrow everything will hit me and I will crash-hopefully not though! For now I will take joy in being the energizer bunny!

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh it looks like you had a gorgeous view. Those pictures just make me want to pack my bag . .jump on Air Canada, oh no, wait, let us make that Harmony and head to the sun. The mom in me fussed a bit when I saw your burn. Glad your back, and good luck with those exams.

Arne said...

Excellent trip report (so far) V... I kinda cringed at the burns too! Ouch! How'd those exams work out for you! :)

Owen and Bonnie said...

Hi Vanessa,

I'm Adrienne's sister. I found your blog through Kristal's. I love your Barbados pics! Owen & I were in Barbados last Christmas. Your pics brought back some great memories: Bridgetown, St. Lawrence Gap...We also enjoyed the Waterfront Cafe and Brown Sugar restaurant. Looks like you had a great vacation :)

Bonnie Boehr