Monday, March 05, 2007

Third Installment!


Bathsheba

Codrington College

St. John's Parish
On Thursday we headed out to a beach cottage to go spend the day with some of Lindie's relatives. We took the round-about way of getting there (on purpose) and stopped at a few nice sites along the way. The first was St. John's Church which had an amazingly old cemetery. One of my latest loves is walking around old cemeteries. There are so many stories to be told there and it just sets my mind to wondering and imagining what the lives of these people were like, etc. After stopping at the church, we stopped at Codrington College, which has the most amazing view!
St. John's Cemetery


Bathsheba

Finally we arrived at Bathsheba which is on the east side of the island and the waves are
quite rough, but it's beautiful to watch! We took a nice long walk on the beach and then had lunch at the beach house. Afterwards we went to the Soup Bowl to watch some of the surfers. Then we decided to go nuts with the map and just go exploring! We went a bit of everywhere and found some interesting and beautiful sites and even came across a few really nice pottery stores!

Nice mountains

He was adding some color to the picture as he liked to say :)

Friday was the last full day in Barbados and we went on a catamaran cruise called Cool Runnings. It's a four hour boat ride with three stops. The first one we went swimming with sea

turtles! Luckily they were being fed, so I did not get eaten. Their shells feel really cool and they are fun to watch swim. We tried taking some pictures on the underwater camera we had, but sometimes it was a bit difficult to see what you were taking pictures of with the goggles on your head. Once I get them developed I will post them on here! The second stop was snorkelling by a shipwreck and through some coral reef. Amazing colorful fish! At one point a whole school of fish was swimming by me and I was surrounded! It was great! The final stop was by a beach and we had a fabulous buffet lunch and then went snorkelling and swimming some more! Then we walked around Bridgetown a bit and then went and played Dutch Blitz and had some pizza with Rachel and Theresa. Good times!



View of the island from the boat

Saturday morning I went and watched Lindie surf for a while! Then we headed to the airport and well here I am today! And so ends my trip.. I will post more pictures on this site and my pictures blog for your viewing pleasure! Now I am itchy all over because my body is one big peeling monstrosity! And I am home by myself and have no one to lotion the back! Oh well! Now off to school to write my exams!!
Lindie surfing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had fun, vanessa ! and im glad the turtles didnt eat you!!!