Friday, April 06, 2007

Funny story

I am at the moment writing a psych paper (which is why I am posting on my blog..) and I was reading through some of my research. I just ran across a cute/funny story that had a good meaning to it as well, so I thought I'd share it with y'all. Interesting to see how different people have different perceptions on life and perceive different meanings in situations. Here's the story:

Two brothers, a 6-year-old and a 5-year-old, decide that today is the day they will learn how to swear. The 6-year-old says, "I'm gonna say the word 'damn'" and the 5-year-old replies with glee, "I'll say the word 'ass'" and they giggle and wait for their opportunity. Mother calls for them to come down for breakfast. They run downstairs, into the kitchen, and jump on the stools. "What would you like for breakfast?" Mother asks the oldest. "Give me some cereal, damn it!" the 6-year old replies, and without skipping a beat, Mother slaps him with the back of her hand across his face. He runs crying and embarrassed to his room. She turns to the 5-year-old and with a stern grimace says, "And what would you like?" to which he replies with a tremor in his voice, "I don't know, but you can bet your ass it won't be cereal."

No comments: