Thursday, April 05, 2007

the joys of spring!

Things of late have been kind of crazy with the semester of school ending and just life! And it's been so nice outside, making me want to be outside! I have been working out a lot (yay fitness challenge at work) and part of my working out has been happening outside with my bike! It's so fantastic to be outside and just enjoy everything around me. Yesterday I went for a 20km ride and took a few shots along the way. At one point I was coming up to a road crossing, and up ahead on the road, I saw a pitbull starting to run to where I was going to be. So I started pedalling as fast as I could, but it wasn't fast enough. The dog jumped up, bit my leg, I fell of my bike.. oh wait, that didn't happen. I was faster than fast and outran the dog! Yay! It got my adrenaline going quite a bit though!!

I am excited for Easter this weekend! Far too often I do not take enough time to actually reflect upon Easter. I realize that I take the cross so for granted. In ensemble at church, we have been practicing "Were you there" and we're singing it on Easter Sunday. As we were singing, it was mentioned the depth of meaning in that song. Often I sing it as a good song and because this one's a tricky arrangement, I'm busy looking at my notes! But to actually take a moment to stop and think of what that would have been like if I had been there when Jesus was crucified. Wow. Takes my breath away just at the mere thought about it. It ends with "Were you there when he rose up from the grave?" Imagine that... What would have my reaction been? What would have it felt like? I am excited to ponder more this weekend and to be in different church services that will invoke me to more reflection!




Spring is here! And tomorrow is Short Pants Friday! Many of you do not know what that is, but the first friday of every April is Short Pants Friday! It is a day to bring out the short pants (or a skirt), to show off your ankles in the celebration that Spring is here! So if anyone feels like joining in, go for it! It's supposed to be a nice day tomorrow too, so go nuts!



Kristen and I go to Starbucks every chapel break on Tuesdays and Thursdays between our two classes. Today we stopped at Cobs and it was such a joyous time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you take shots when you're riding your bike? how do you do that?? I'm going to have to report you for drinking and riding. dun dun dun...

leslie said...

i love cobs!