Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Poem

My spirit has been brewing of late and as a result I have been writing a lot of poetry. Thought I'd share one here just to put it out there. Some of my thoughts of late mashed into a poem :)


Conflicting

At times my life seems futile
I want to throw in the towel.
My desire is to seek You,
To live rightly before You,
Yet my flesh gets in the way.

The line of sin gets continually blurred,
As I pull it towards me
Changing its shape
So I can seem holy,
Yet I am not.

I try and fail, try and fail,
How easy it would be to dwell
In the failure
In the despair

I know there is more.
There is resurrection power,
Yet I keep the stone rolled
Over the grave.

He arose!
I shoved Him back down.
He was victorious!
I chose my failure.
He reigns!
I attempt to usurp His throne.

Who are You Jesus?
I hear many things,
Some conflict.

Your still small voice replies:
I AM.
All encompassing.
I AM.
Your strength.
I AM.
Victorious over sin
I AM
The lover of your soul
I AM
Your guiding light
I AM
Your life
I AM

Trust in me.
Turn to me.
Return to me.
I love you.
Just as you are.
I love you.
Draw near to me.
I love you.
I’m waiting

7 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Such an honest poem. Isn't it wonderful that our salvation does not depend on what we have done, but instead on what He already has done?

Clearly your hearts cry is a longing to grow deeper in you walk.

I'm inspired.

Anonymous said...

I told you you'd insire someone with this poem. Hi Vanessa, beautiful poem as previously stated. Excited for our study party. Will have lots done already. Want to go to a speed-reading seminar avec moi? May 1st. You're probably already stellar at speedreading though...have a good one!
Love Kristen

Theresa said...

Beautiful poem Vanessa! A song struck me today - peace beyond understanding - one of the lines. His gift truly is beyond understanding too!

Megan said...

Hi Vanessa, I don't know if you know who I am. My name is Megan Beck. The daughter-in-law to Mrs. Beck. I read your poem and wanted to let you know that it is really moving. Thank you for sharing your heart and soul in your beautiful words.

Anonymous said...

visit #1

Anonymous said...

visit #2

Anonymous said...

visit #5766