Friday, April 13, 2007

Spring!!

Mt Baker looked absolutely amazing the other night, so I kept driving and driving, chasing after being able to have more and more better shots. I wish I had had my zoom lens with me!! But this is the shot I got! Doesn't capture the beauty fully, but it was amazing!
The sky also looked amazing. In a perfect world there would not be streetlights and building everywhere, so I could take a nice picture of just outside.. but such is not the case.

Jocelyn and I decided to make breakfast Easter style. So we made french toast with paska! haha.. look at the size difference between those eggs!! it's amazing! oh the joys of living on a chicken farm!


this was the yolk size difference which I likewise thought was fairly amazing!



I absolutely love coming into my driveway in spring!! the flowering trees and flowers everywhere are amazing!! As the weeks go on, I will try to take more and more pics of our garden, because it really is amazing! The other day I took a paper writing break to go take pictures and it was great!

Along the road in front of our house we have these flowering bushes. they are not in full bloom yet, but I always think they look amazing!

I approached this flowering bush to take pictures and was shocked at the number of bumble bees within it! look closely and find the one in this shot!
So this week has been kind of crazy being the last week of classes and all! Easter Sunday was great! I got to sing in our church choir which was a great time of rejoicing and praising God together! Then I went home to finish up my last few papers!! And even though I have one more class left on Monday, I am officially done all my assignment for this semester!! YAY!! i just have six finals to go!! but I am not too worried about those! Just excited for new classes and moving onward!
Wednesday night I got to go to the first game of the Canucks playoffs! I had my camera but silly me had left the memory card in my computer, so i am sorry to say i have no pics!! Every one got a towel on their seats so they could fully participate in towel power. it was pretty sweet!! everything was white and there was lint flying around everywhere! haha.. The game ended at the end of the fourth overtime with Sedin bringing in the victory goal! Anyway, it was a lot of fun to be there for the first game, and it was worth staying 3.5 extra hours to watch the Canucks win!! I figure we got more for our money anyway since we got over two full hockey games in!!
And now I must go clean my fish tank before delaying any longer! More updates to come this weekend hopefully! (sorry for the lack of updating lately-especially for you kristen! haha)







5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great pictures Vanessa:)

Jennie said...

Hi Vanessa! I got here from Lovella's blog. I am a crazy Canuck fan and have been following your journay thus far with them. Wow, you are a blessed girl to go to sooo many games. And the first playoff game?! How fun! The excitement! Keep enjoying our Canucks and I will keep living vicariously through you...hope you don't mind. :)

Theresa said...

Hi there! Wow, have you got an amazing yard right now! Who is the gardener? You or your mom? Anyway, it is beautiful! Chad got to go to the game on Friday and didn't have near the excitement you did! Glad you had a great evening! How is tomorrow night looking for you? Able to come over? Looking forward to seeing you again!

Becky said...

Venessa, I was thinking about you as I was watching the hockey game on Wed. Then again on Friday, I found myself scanning the crowd shots for a glimps of a familiar face. Oh what fun you must have had!

The flower pictures are spectacular, as usual. The bushes by the road look like they are ladden with snow. Do you know what they are called? They are lovely! Glad to hear you are still trying to live a balanced life while maintaining the student status. Well, stay sane as you can, and I wish you well on your studying! I know you will give it your best, and remember, that's all that is asked of you.

Vanessa said...

just testing where this comment gets sent...