Monday, June 04, 2007

I'm Back!

As you may have been able to tell from the six new posts today, I'm back from Alaska! Got home yesterday and had a fabulous time. It was great to get away, relax, nothink about school, work or anythign else, but just to enjoy myself and have fun and enjoy the beauty that was all around me.

Sandy and I did lots of activities on the ship which was great and we met some wonderful people! We also went on some pretty great excursions at each of our port stops! In Ketchikan, I caught a record sized fish!! (okay, so it was the record for the smallest fish ever caught on the boat, but a record nonetheless!! check out the amazing picture!) Saw lots of wildlife too which was great! And glaciers!! Speaking of glaciers, it was pretty nippy! (and coming from me, that must mean it was a bit cold).. I think Sandy reached her record of layers with eight or nine layers on the day we went fishing-it was pretty impressive! haha.. too bad she couldn't move to reel in the fish!! hahaha

Okay, so hope you enjoy the pictures!!! Will hopefully post more this week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah layering was key. The 45 mile mountin biking treck (okay it was only 12 - but dam, get it dam!, it sure felt longer) kept me warm for days... All Sandy had to do was think of Drew and she could warm on up --- HAHAHAHA...

Katie R

Unknown said...

Rawwwwwwwwwr. Great pictures Vanessa!! Especially of us dancing! Woohoo.. you look very serious girlfriend.

J Isaacs said...

WOW! And I'll say it again: WOW! Fantastic pictures and an incredibly cool adventure, it seems... woot woot for glaciers in the summertime...

TonyandKaylen said...

your pictures of glacier bay are incredible! We're going to Anchorage in 2 weeks and those pictures make me can't wait!!

Lovella ♥ said...

I really enjoyed the pictures of Alaska. ARe you glad you went when you did or would you recommend waiting for a bit more summer? We are thinking towards an Alaskan cruise and I'd like to know if there is anything we should look out for.
The pictures indicated it was perfect. (albeit chilly)