Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Post with a LOT of pictures!

For those of you who were wondering why I disappeared with no posts for a while, here's some pictures of the last few weeks!! Twelve hours after getting back from the South Pacific, I went to Ontario for my friend Becky's wedding. While there, I also got to hang out with my relatives in Waterloo, which is always fun! A day and a half after getting back from Ontario, I went to camp for my last summer class along with my last week of summer!! Now I have begun school again and am enjoying it, although it looks like there will be lots of work this semester! ACK! Anyway, following this is a TON of pictures, but hope you enjoy and I will be posting again soon now that I'm home and continually thinking of any possible way to avoid homework!


Jordan and Becky gettin' married

Becky and I at her wedding!! Crazy times!! We met about seven years ago on a missions trip to Mexico and have stayed friends ever since! We dont' see each other very often, but when we do, it's always as though no time has passed and it is always a great time!
Hanging out with my relatives in Waterloo, Ontario
My cousin and I baking "hidden-jam cookies". They never get them out there so we had fun making them together-we even put relish in two of them so that the eater would be pleasantly surprised!! And no, she doesn't actually have the spoon her her mouth as it appears in the picture!!
The last week of summer was spent at camp for me, taking a photography class through my school! It was a great time to hang out with people and get to know them. And I also learned a ton about my camera and how to actually use it!! But all in all it was an amazing way to take a class as well as a fabulous end to my summer!!




"Leap to Save the Flip Flop"




"Walking on Water"







Pictures taken at Mission Hills Vineyard before we got kicked out!








One night we headed to downtown Kelowna for some night photography!
"Confusion" Who knows what I would do if I came up to a light that looked like this!
Back of an air conditioner



One night for our class, we set up a couple of backdrops with studio lighting and then we started getting creative and experimenting!! We had some fun trying to get some overexposed "fashion" type shots as well as some others!







A little patriotic shot

O Canada!


Clock tower in Kelowna




Chelaine posing for a shot
Mia in her birthday dress
Yesterday, my friend Kelly had a birthday party for her daughter, Mia who is turning one on Monday. It was an afternoon tea party and we had a great time!! Here are a few of the shots I was able to snag :)


Ethan giving me a great pose for a shot!
Kelly did the whole party as a tea party theme with lots of great treats

Mia and her little friend

Mandeep and Lily






All the kids posing with their necklaces that they made. Had to be a fast picture though, because everyone kept running around!




Mmm.. Cake

Mia eating her birthday cake like a lady-everyone wanted her to put her face right in the cake though!! haha

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Those are some amazing shots - looks like a great class!

Lovella ♥ said...

such a fantastic assortment of photos. I could just click the camera all day long. Isn't it just so much fun when people enjoy having their picture taken?

Becky said...

Gorgeous pictures! Say hi to Chelaine! You captured her smile beautifully! The kids look whimsically inocent, perfect portraits of childhood! You have a gift!

Theresa said...

You aren't kidding - lots of pics!!! Wowzers, you've got some amazing shots here! You've got talent my friend!

kelly ens said...

i don't know if you'll get this comment since I'm commenting so long after the post was written. Anyway, my husband and I were looking at the pictures - they're absolutely amazing!!!! You have a gift!