Saturday, August 27, 2005

choosing life

"I call heaven and eart to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the Lord your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him, for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to give them." -Deuteronomy 30:20

someone made a comment about me the other day on how I love life. because I grab every opportunity and make it the best. And that was encouraging and exciting, because that's definately the way I want to live, the way the Lord intended it for me. that I would walk around living, not walk shrouded in death. i have to then think if i truly choose life every moment of my day... often i choose death, because it seems easier. less work. and at work lately i've noticed that i've stopped doing things before the Lord, but rather on my own and that's death. and it stinks. but as i bring it before Him and let Him direct my path, it's amazing!

No comments: