Friday, August 26, 2005

purpose

i noticed today how often i fill my time with wasteful things. things that will really amount to nothing in the long run of eternity. yet i spend a lot of time doing them, because they're relaxing. is that bad? what is the definition of an activity with purpose and one without? what justifies something to give it purpose? i guess it all comes back to your motivation behind doing it and whether God is in control of it and you've surrendered it to Him. most of my activities are of my own choosing and my own will and I don't let God be part of the choosing process. I want my life to have purpose, but to do that, I need to look to the Lord, who is my purpose. And yet I don't. And so the war between spirit and flesh continues.

2 comments:

leslie said...

i think about that too. i mean right now for example i am not working, and so i spend 90% of my time at home, having in my opinion very very little impact on any spirituality other than that of my own. even my own isnt benefited as much as when i am working and witnessing. and so i wonder if i should be doing something different, yet have no real motivation to be doing something different. i look forward to working for that to be when my proper life begins and i can have some kind of eternal impact and my life a routine - until then i count the time as wasted.

leslie said...

you know what nessa? sorry to be a bother and comment TWICE IN A ROW (heaven forbid!) but because of this blog of yours i have thought a lot about this today, even talked about it with a friend of mine. i live lately within a bubble of myself because of my situation, and i need to figure out fast if it is a God given bubble or if i have bubbled myself off from His work.