Friday, December 09, 2005

a lion, a witch and a wardrobe


I saw the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe today and quite enjoyed it. During one of the end battle scenes, I felt a little bad for all the good guys losing their lives. The question crossed my mind as to what exactly they were fighting for. First and foremost they were fighting for Aslan, for Narnia, for their freedom. And they fought with all their strength, fully aware that they could lose their lives.

We're all in a battle, whether we choose to fight it fully or not. I have to wonder, looking at my life whether I am fighting for or against the powers of this world. And am I willing to give my life for this battle? Not just physically, as in that I could die, but am I willing to die to some things that might seem desirable to me as I fight this battle. Or will I surrender to those things and allow my life to be overruled. I want to fight the battle for God fully, not being distracted by any of the enemy's distractions around me. Continually walking in his victory, willing to die to myself and to the sin around me and to serve Him and Him alone! Will you join me in this battle?

No comments: