Tuesday, January 24, 2006

accountability

I left the house at six this morning and didn't get back until ten!! Crazy!! But it's been good to start putting myself into routine. Of course, always making the effort to not simply let the routine take control, but rather to live life to the fullest while having a bit of structure. it's nice sometimes! ;)

So last night I was able to share completely honestly with a friend a bunch of stuff that was going on in my life. I had come to the point of pouring my heart out before the Lord and tried justifying it that that was enough, but God kept pressing it on my heart to share and bring it to the light with someone and it's been so freeing! Hard for sure, but God's continually showing me the value of accountability with others and His purpose in community.

Tonight when I got home I had a letter!! It was from a school of photography and some of my pictures were selected as finalists in their competition! As a result, the one(s) they chose will be published in a magazine/hardcover issue. I'm excited to have my work somewhere and the possibility of maybe further winning something!! Yay!! so that's my exciting news with everything else!

3 comments:

TonyandKaylen said...

yay! congrats! what were the pictures of?

Jason said...

do you know the "school"? or was it random. If it was random don't send ANY money until you can see the actual book/publication in stores. There are a lot of scams ou there that look legit.
If you do know them , then cool, congrats!

Vanessa said...

well, technically it's not a "school" per say, but i don't know how to explain it, but yes i definitely know that it's legit as it's an official internation competition, not some of those other ones. so yes, it's supported by some well known and well reputed photographer groups.