Sunday, January 22, 2006

dancing and more dancing

So the day in Vancouver yesterday was tons of fun! Upon our arrival we heard music, so we went to investigate and discovered there was a breakdancing competition going on with team different teams competing! It was so cool to watch. It always amazes me how those guys move around! Incredible! Then we went to the Bhangra Dance Competition and it was awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed it! And a local team, UBC Girlz won as well. Go Vancouver! Then after a bite to eat at the oh so famed White Spot, we headed to the after party where I also got to do a bit of dancing! I tried to blend in as much as I could of course... it was a lot of fun and definitely interesting to watch everyone around me.

i've been thinking a lot about the comment discussion that was had on a friend's blog about loving sin and being saved from it. i've been struggling immensely desiring things that I know are totally wrong and I find it's hopeless that I'm stuck in this sin, but then I realize that Christ died to save me and I can walk in full victory if only I'm willing to die to myself and truly count the cost of what it means to let go of something I seem to love and desire in the moment. My prayer is that God would completely fill those desires as I slowly loosen my grip on the worldly fulfilment of them...

No comments: