Saturday, March 11, 2006

mindlessly working

So I've really been enjoying work. I love the customers and the environment I work in. I foresee some thing that might start to bug me after a while, but as long as I can foresee them and keep surrendering them to the Lord, it's all good.

One thing I've noticed while at work is that I'm busy. I'm always doing something. At the end of my day when I suddenly realize that my eight hour shift is over, I realize that I have not thought about God much during those eight hours. It was as though i stepped to the side, did my work and came back. Rather than consciously allowing God to work in and through me, it's as though this is "my thing" and I don't include Him. My desire is to be more mindful of God during work and to have it so that everything in me, from my thoughts to my actions will reflect the glory of God as I am in constant communion with Him. This is my desire, yet my actions are so far from it. But I know that I can't try harder, because that won't be good. I just need to keep surrendering it to Him.

On a completely different note, sorry for the delay with the fish names. I will announce them on monday. Although I know there are many people who look at my blog who have not yet put in a suggestion! (or at least i'd like to think in my own head that more people look at my blog.. usually when people suddenly know random things from my blog and tell me them when they see me, I would just assume... maybe i'm wrong!). Anyway, put in your last guesses!! Remember you can put in up to 11 names!! Because there are eleven fish to be named (my mom named the 12th one which she bought for me through my adopt a fish program... having pet fish vicariously through me-I thought it was an incredible idea..). Anyway, guess away and I will announce the names and the winner on monday!!!

1 comment:

amelia said...

fernand ouellet, giovanni caboto, constance rover, captain ahab, and mrs.humphry ward