Friday, March 24, 2006

refreshing

So I slept for a few hours and I feel way better now. Just thinking through some stuff and refocusing. I've just been busy with guests from out of town plus working a lot and then getting now sleep. Not a good combination! Tomorrow I work for ten hours between the two jobs, but it should be good and I'm looking forward to it!

I've been thinking about the verse "Whatever is true, whatever is pure, whatever is holy, fix your thoughts on these things." okay, that might not be the exact wording, but the idea. I often think of these verses as me needing to set my mind on these things throughout my day, which is true. What I've never thought about though is setting my thoughts on these things where other people are concerned.. After a while I tend to focus on the negative and will pick it out in people and dwell on it and that just makes me unhappy. But I need to be focusing on the things that are true, pure and holy in others and praising God for those things and praising Him also because I can see Him through those things in other people. Different mindset and it will lead to transformed thinking.

No comments: