Tuesday, June 20, 2006

June 20th

1. I've been caught! (perhaps!) because this post wasn't actually posted on the 20th.. sigh. But then again, maybe no one noticed! In that case, totally disregard this one!

2. I decided since this blog is not on the day, I will post some pictures for the numbers.. seeing that this blog has been lacking pictures of late!

3. Went to Bard on the Beach: Midsummer's Night Dream and it was great!! We had a lot of fun! Sandy, Theo, Brooke, Preet, Barinder and I all went and it was a blast! Great entertainment and just good times all round. I highly recommend going!!

4. My day off was great yesterday! I realized it's my second last day off. And yes, I know, I have two months off, but it's definitely different to have a day off when you have a job. Not sure if that makes any sense!

5. I walked to Red Robin's from my house yesterday to meet someone for lunch! My shoes suck so I got some nasty blisters on my heels!! Good thing I had my flip flops in my purse for the walk home (beacuse those are such good support!)

6. Today was super busy and jam packed, but it's how I like things to be!! Makes everything run smoother in my mind if I can just go from one place to the next! I wanted to take a nap today but instead i bought a coffee with an extra shot to give me a bit of a caffeine kick! Pretty much does the same as a nap, except it saves time!

7. Hope you're enjoying the pictures. They're from different events in the past few days and i hope you can all figure out from what!!

8. I've been trying to spend a lot less time on the internet and it's been great! I have two laptops and they're in my room and so it's habit just to always go turn them on.. But I decided i would pack away the laptops and not go on them so much. And it's been really good to prioritize and so forth. Now I just use the one in the office here and there.

9. On my walk to Red Robin's today, I saw children's toys squished and all along the road. Strange.

10. Also on my walk I saw what would be a really cool picture opportunity, especially at dusk (which is as a matter of fact my favorite time of day!)

11. I smiled at an old man walking in the other direction and he gave me a huge smile and it was so sweet. One thing I noticed (just as an observation), was that his teeth looked kind of rotten, or very yellow. Anyway, he didn't care at all and it didn't stop him from smiling hugely at me. And it reminded me of how self-concscious were are about ourselves. Older people at that point don't seem to care. Not that they dont' care about themselves,b ut they see that certain things are as important as we used to make them. I wonder if I'll truly only come to that realization when I'm old.

12. That whole speal reminds me of this very funny church sign by sandy's house. And I laugh at it, becausei t's been up for over two months now and didn't make much sense at first. It says, "Age is high price to pay for maturity." Hmm.. Why wait until I'm old to realize these things and to move on in life. Not sure if that makes sense, but let me know your thoughts.

13. My blister just popped and it hurts. ouch.

14. I need to clean my fish tank again! silly fish.

15. yesterday i went through starbucks drive-thru and the people i was with ordered pastries, and they said they didnt' have them. but later i found out they did!! haha.. not sure why i needed to share that, but i wanted to. once again, random information you all should know.

16. tonight i got an overwhelming sense of peace. and trust in God over some things I've been grappling and wrestling over and it was just so freeing!! Thanks Lord!

17. My car desperately eneds to be cleaned and detailed! But I think it would be stupid right now, so I will wait until i return from my road trip to Calgary!

18. I haven't wrapped my mom's birthday presents cuz they're kind of awkward.. perhaps i shall just give them to her.. hmmmm...

19. I'm going to bake some cakes for my mom's birthday tomorrow and I'm so excited!! I love baking and I'm going to pick some fancier ones to make. I'm sure I'll be tired after work, but that's okay!

20. Okay, now i'm goign to post my fake June 20th post.. I did write it as though it was June 20th, just so we all are aware!! sigh.. Stay tuned for the next post later on today! Perhaps there will be some birthday cake pictures!!

No comments: