Tuesday, June 27, 2006

June 27th

1. The long awaited day has finally come: No more Starbucks!!!!

2. Funny because today was the day at starbucks a bunch of new stuff came out and all the staff were supposed to wear their summer shirts. Josh told me I wouldn't get one,b ecause I'm leaving.. when i got there in the morning, my manager was like, "well, josh is gone and as a going away gift, here's a shirt!" so i too got to don the bright yellow summer starbucks shirt.. and now i have yet another shirt to add to my plethera of t-shirts in my closet!

3. Des, a girl I have worked with many times and opened with often came through drive-thru before work to give me some flowers and a card!! it was so sweet! It made my day!

4. And sandy came by after her graveyard shift to have breakfast with me on my first break.

5. then, to make the day even better, one of my favorite drive-thru customers, martin came through and gave me one of his company hats!! it's a really nice hat and i was super excited!! this too made my day! so many things to make a day! crazy times.

6. work was chaotic today. people everywhere not seeming to know what they were doing. and stuff everywhere. not too organized. i was happy to be leaving!

7. feels like i still have to go to work tomorrow... but nope! freedom..

8. i need to start packign or getting ready for goign away someday.

9. since it was my last day at work and my last time wearing shoes, i decided to treat myself to a pedicure today. so sad though because soon after it was done, my big toe got stepped on, smudging the nail polish. it makes me overly sad.. perhaps a little bit too sad. such a nice bright blue it is as well. I am left in a dilemna as to what to do!

10. went to red robin's for lunch with a good friend of mine from high school. it was so great to reconnect and talk a little. always a blessing to reconnect with old friends and hear where they're at and what's going on in their lives.

11. going swimming today with carrie! hooray! i haven't seen her in forever and it'll be nice to talk rather than just email and it's a perfect day for it as well. the water will be nice and refreshing, as long as i don't burn myself to a crisp tomato red!

12. i am so excited to never smell overly like coffee again! no more arm hair coffee saturation, or my purse and wallet smelling like coffee from sitting at work. might be nice right after, but gross later when it's the stale coffee smell!

13. I need to go buy some new flip flops for the summer. Mine have morphed to my feet and have no support whatsoever (compared to the amazing support flip flops generally give!)

14. i have many starbucks shirts that i know not what to do with now. they shall perhaps become pajama tops and workout shirts!

15. This afternoon swimming was great-although I think the pool was warmer than outside at times!

16. Even though I tried covering my face I'm pretty sure I burned a bit of my nose!! But I didn't burn as bad as Carrie did!

17. Went for dinner with Carrie tonight which was nice. hadn't seen her in a while and it was really great to catch up.

18. I watched the girls on Canadian Idol tonight with my mom and I suspect the two that will get kicked off, but we shall see!! Always enjoyable to hear all the different styles of singing though!

19. went to starbucks tonight to get my discount!! I have to use it while I can!

20. When I was pulling in to starbucks I noticed my friend Tara, who just got engaged!! YAY!! Congratulations! I'm really excited for her and Scott as they plan their wedding!

21. I'm going to go golfing tomorrow morning early. So much for sleeping in! Oh well, it will be worth it to golf with my brother!

22. I feel like everythign is in pure chaos right now and I'm not ready to go away for a month.

23. Tomorrow I have ten million things to do! Especialy to clean the fish tank since I dont' think it will be cleaned for quite some time while I'm gone. No one to really do it. OH well, hopefully the fishies will persevere through the month without me!

24. I'm continually reminded that I need to find my satisfaction in the Lord, else I will be restless and dissatisfied. Also to enjoy the moment because as I'm looking ahead, it simply makes me anxious and nothing is enjoyed then.

25. sometimes i wish i knew what other people were thinking.

26. my bedroom is actually cooled off tonight! Hooray!

27. I'm supposed to hang out with Sandy and Carrie again later, but I kind of just want to go to bed!! I guess we'll see when they call and what happens!

1 comment:

The Lamoureux's said...

I'm going to miss these cool daily postings. Its neat to see what you are thinking and read about your day! Thanks for sharing it with us!