Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Oma


Today is the anniversary of the day my Oma passed away about four years ago. This picture was taken when I was four at my aunt and uncle's wedding. Us flower girls got to pose with Oma and Opa (I'm the one on the right). My Opa passed away about four months after her and it was sad to watch. I feel like I never grieved properly for them or really was hit by their deaths, because it followed so closely after Leon and my Dad died. But I do miss them dearly and realize this now more than ever before.

I praise the Lord for my Oma and her faithfulness to the Lord and how she modelled with my Opa what a marriage should look like. And to see how in love they were after over fifty years. I thank the Lord for her generous spirit and for her wonderful gift of hospitality! She'd always have all the grandkids over for different meals here and there and she would always think we were still hungry (when really everyone was stuffed). After the meal and dessert one time, she brought a box of chocolates out and passed them around. No one took one because we were all super full. She couldn't actually believe that and thought maybe we just didn't like that kind, so she went and grabbed a different box and passed it around!! haha!! Always wanting to give and give and see people happy and cared for. I praise God for the legacy she has left behind and am thankful for the position my grandparents had in my life and in my family's life.

No comments: