Friday, September 01, 2006

bard, coffee and fishing


Last night, Theo and I went to Bard on the Beach, which is a Shakespeare festival at English Bay and it was great! We went for a picnic beforehand and then watched the show, which was "The Winter's Tale." The actors were amazing and it was so well done. I didn't know what the story line was about, but it was quite interesting and made me think a lot about how our presumptions of different people and our own jealousy intermingled into can destroy and ruin a lot of things.

Afterwards we went and sat on a bench overlooking the ocean and the stars and it was just so nice to be by the ocean in the city. I love watching all the city lights reflections dancing on the water. All in all it was a wonderful night and it concluded my Bard on the Beach watchings for this year-now we shall wait until next year!

Today was good to catch up with a couple of people over coffee that I hadn't seen in a while. And then I went fishing on the Fraser River !!! We caught two fish and almost had three. It was great that we actually caught some fish, but I really enjoyed just being there! And now a bit of my freedom ends as orientation for school commences tomorrow. Oh going back to school!!

3 comments:

Kristal Sawyer said...

Vanessa, you look beautiful!!!

And THANK YOU SO MUCH (to you and your wonderful Mom!) for the ADORABLE outfit for Natalie! It is TOO cute...Shaun and I are SO excited and can't wait for her to wear it all in a month or so (I'll have to take a picture for you!) I'll be sending a thank you card here soon.

Love,
Kristal

Brittany said...

who is theo? i missed that blog entry.

Vanessa said...

hmm.. which blog entry was that that you missed??