Sunday, October 22, 2006

fall


















Our fall has been absolutely beautiful here this year! For the most part, the weather has been amazing! Thank you Lord! I would like to say that midterm time is done, but alas, I have about ten midterms that extend throughout the whole semester, averaging one or two a week!

Fall is about death... All the leaves falling off the trees is a cycle of the leaves dying and falling to the ground. I've been thinking a lot lately of my own life and where there exists some leaves that I need to let die and fall to the ground. What are my priorities? What are the things in my life right now that are making me stale as a Christian? Where am I spending my time? What am I investing in? So just a thought of thinking through the things in my life that I need to let go of and let die in order for there to be room for new life to come. And I'm looking forward to it!

7 comments:

TonyandKaylen said...

beautiful pictures
your fall is very red... mine is all yellow :)

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics!

J Isaacs said...

Beautiful. Our leaves are all gone here already. Snow is fresh on the ground.

But what about the FISH, Vanessa... the FISH?

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting to hear how other people see the same things differently than yourself!

I've never thought about fall as death. I've always been excited about the opportunity for growth and new life. It is positively my favorite time of the year and the time where I feel the most refreshed and renewed.

A time of getting ready for new adventures that await around the corner!

Thanks for sharing those pics! They are fabulous!

girlofclay said...

Wow your pictures are gorgeous! Esp. the first one. God has given you a gift of an eye for picture taking, and you're using it for His glory with the words you put wtih them. Awesome.
I too love fall. I hate the first few days of cold, but then love it. Just like I hate the first couple of snows, but then learn to love it and find thanks in it. This last winter in Quebec was the first winter I think I really enjoyed and gave thanks in.
Kind of like, to go with your parallel, how letting seasons change in our lives and letting the first leaves fall or the first frost come or snowflakes show themselves we can be resistant and grumbling about how what we're in now is just fine, thanks. But after a while we see the good in what God changes and give thanks in it.

girlofclay said...

PS- I'm learning too.

Brittany said...

Vanessa,

I check back often to find out who wins the fish naming contest, but to no avail...PLEASE don't keep us all in such suspense! I'm DYING here!!! when will the truth be revealed!!??