Sunday, October 15, 2006

right on

the weekend has come and gone and another week of school is here. only one midterm this week, so not so bad, but i really hope i get a chance to study beforehand (rather than simply the night before...)

last night i was feeling really discouraged and lots of other stuff was going on, but i was reminded again that in everything, it doesn't really matter what mark i got on something, or if i didn't have everything absolutely perfect. I need to keep my focus on Christ and have an eternal perspective. Yes, it means I still should try and put my best effort into it, but that's my part, and I give it over to God for His glory. And He's going to use it and I can trust that. I often put my standards incredibly high and so it's hard for me to attain them and i feel like a failure if I don't. But I am learning over and over and over again that I need to do all unto the glory of God and from there on in, the results don't matter, it's my heart attitude in the whole process that matters. good reminders.

I went golfing again on friday and beat my previous score by two (yay!). I have taken up swimming in our beautiful fall weather. Our pool is still open for some strange reason and it's about 90 degrees F and fabulous! I could spend hours in there. You just have to make sure you fish out all the caterpillars first!

Tonight I said I was going to go to bed by ten. It is almost midnight. Perhaps i'm living in a different time zone that's two hours behind us?

2 comments:

girlofclay said...

hey gorgeous... good attitude! It's hard, isn't it? I struggle similarly...kind of oppositely... I compare myself to others often... depending on the person and where I'm at that day, and then I feel discouraged and don't set my standards high at all. But it comes back to the same thing... my heart attitude in whatever I do, whether or not I do well at it or whether or not it is something that I think will meet someone elses standards and please them. My heart is what God looks at more than what I do.
Sorry I never got your email while I was away last week! I tried to check my email from the only hotel that had internet, but it wasn't working. I was in Spokane, Washington and Chelan, Washington. I don't know how far taht is from you. Bummer it didn't work out to try and see you! I would have loved to. Next time!

J Isaacs said...

This is a "simple hello."

I'm workin' on midterms too, Vanessa... good luck with all of yours. Chin up and do your best!!