Saturday, December 23, 2006

grace

"Because you say, 'I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing.' and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. I advise you to buy from me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see." -Revelation 3:17-18

I have been struck anew with the wonder of His grace. How little I understand it. So often I deceive myself, thinking that indeed I do have all the resources that it takes while in reality I am completely wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked! I keep trying to bank in on what I can do and what I have done, when I simply need to come to Christ who has already done it. I just need to receive that gift of grace and love. I need to cast aside my efforts and all that I think I need to strive for and receive. Good reminders!

In other news, I bought a heater for my fish tank to warm up the water for them (I think that's why they were dying) and it's my birthday tomorrow! woohoo!! Merry Christmas everybody!

1 comment:

Chrys said...

Happy Birthday Vanessa. I hope you had a wonderful time tonight, and I'll hopefully talk to you early this week. (I have pics of Kyra on my blog now so you can check them out)