Monday, December 25, 2006

the perfect birthday!

So today (or technically yesterday now) was my birthday and I have to say that I think it is one of the best ones I have ever had! It started with my friend Carrie waking me up at 6:30am and taking me to mill lake with some coffee and timbits so that we could watch the sunrise! What a wonderful idea! Something I totally love and I felt so special that my friends would think of doing that for me (sandy would have come to, but she worked instead of me having to work!) Even though it rained afterwards, the sunrise was amazing. We never actually saw the sun, but we saw the intensity of bright orange and pink in the clouds surrounding the crisp mountains that were laden with fresh snow. so beautiful! God's creation is amazing! This morning I was so thankful that I could spend the morning surrounded by God's beautiful creation.

Then we came home and Lucas, Chad and Bobbi and my mom had waffles for breakfast! Then I headed to church where I sang in all three Christmas Eve services. It was fun to sing in all them (although my voice is totally shot) and just great to be reminded once again of the wonder of Christmas and the intensity of God's love for me. After church we were off to the Keg where my friends, family and I enjoyed a fantastic steak dinner! Then we went home for birthday cake and played the new game 'Apples to Apples' that brooke got me! And then Jocelyn, Dave and I watched Serendipity.






So all in all it was a fantastic day! Really special, because normally my birthday is just meshed together with Christmas and it's not that big of a deal, but this year it was really special and I am so thankful to my family and friends whom I love dearly! So thank you all for making the day so special from phone calls to cards or gifts or even just a hug!!


1 comment:

Lovella ♥ said...

I'm glad you had such a fantastic day. I wonder if that sunrise was just for you and the rest of us were blessed just because it was your birthday. Have a wonderful Christmas day. Blessings!