Friday, December 08, 2006

The Holiday


I went to see the new movie 'The Holiday' tonight with Sandy and really enjoyed it! It was a good Christmas movie and made you feel warm and fuzzy (not that you want your insides to be fuzzy...) And since I like to apply movies to my life and overanalyze them I did so on this one and it got me thinking. Obviously I wont' say too much because I don't want to ruin the movie! But it just made me think about emotion and having blocked it and then coming to a point where it can be released and there can be freedom to express it. That's all for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I almost went to a pre-screening of that movie the other day! So sad to have missed it! It looks like an awesome shmaltzy kinda show. You recommend, then. Good. But does it have a happy ending?

TonyandKaylen said...

I really want to go see it! Seems like a cute Christmasy chick flick

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Hi Vanessa - I went and saw The Holiday this week and loved it as well. I agree about coming to a point where emotions can be released and then experiencing freedom from there on in... I myself can be quite emotional but have discovered to hold it in just makes me more miserable. I need to thank God more often for my quick tears. Hope you are still enjoying your break. Oh the wonderful feeling of being free from looming homework and studying. Enjoy it to the max!