Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Power

Kristen, a friend from school and I went for dinner at the Mongolie grill last night and then to the hockey game. It was a great night of hanging out and catching up! The canucks lost (which was Kristen's fault, because she really wanted it to go into overtime, because she wanted to see as much of the game as she possibly could!! haha) We even got on the big screen! Hooray!



This is Sonia and Candice, friends from work. Monday night Candice and I went to a killer cycling exercise class and then we went out for Japanese. We soon discovered that it is not easy to share sunumono salads!! haha!

Last weekend in church, something that was said set me to thinking. A story was shared about a Buddhist woman who worked in an AIDS home for babies with AIDS in Thailand. Some missionaries from our church are highly involved there. Anyway, this Buddhist woman decided that she would fast and pray for ten days and at the end of those ten days, if the two babies she was praying for were healed, then she would believe in God and give her life to Him. At the end of it, the babies went in for their checkups and they were completely healed! Amazing story and it gives me shivers to think of how powerful our God is!
So anyway, the thing that has me thinking is why we don't see God's power manifested that way in our society today. I want to see God move like that. Yet, I have not been willing to seek Him so diligently as this woman in Thailand. I kind of just go through my day and I talk to God throughout it, but it is rare that I fervently pray for something. Why not pray for people's healings and for people to be saved? I am beginning to think that I don't see God moving in His power because I don't ask Him for it. I want to see the radical and I want to see the impossible made possible. I just need to start asking for it fervently. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

leslie said...

so, do you just always get on the megatron, or what?

Becky said...

Vanessa, I have had the very same thoughts about wanting to see God moving! My kids need to see it, my neighbours, my students, ... We all need to see our God move in a supernatural way. Okay, lets be more purposeful in our asking. :)