Saturday, February 10, 2007

Fun times at the zoo!!

Today Chrystal and I went to the zoo after I got off work at 2:30. I havent' been in forever and it's always fun to be outside and look at animals (even though often they're sleeping or hiding!! haha) But it was a beautiful sunny day and a great time!





Haha.. this camel was getting fairly frothy and I figured out that I should back off before it spat on me. haha.. but i did make chrystal go pose by it. i think it would have been funny had it spat on her (don't tell her that.. haha) but luckily it didn't and we got a nice picture with her and the camel (although she looks a bit apprehensive to be standing beside mr. frothy mouth..)




Chrystal and I were planning on going to a late movie after church tonight, but then we realized that would be really late and the only reason we truly wanted to go was to get the popcorn. So we went to Towne Cinema (which you technically have to pay to get into) and asked at the box office if we could just go buy popcorn, went in and bought some popcorn and pop and then went back to Chrystal's house with Kaeli to watch a movie! haha.. we were laughing quite a bit at the fact that we were actually doing that!


We watched Chronicles of Narnia tonight. I hadn't seen it since when it first came out in theatres. It's such a grand story and watching the kids I would think in my own fantasy imagination land of how grand it would be to have been a part of something like that. Then I realize that hey! I am part of it! some good thoughts. Lucy's character always inspires me. I am challenged as I see her childlike faith and her trusting heart. I love that when Edmund returns to them (after having betrayed them), she is the first to go up to him with a smile and give him a giant hug. I need to do that more in my daily interactions rather than hold grudges over stupid little things. Anyway, good movie and good reminders.
Church was really good too. It was a sharing/praise weekend where people got up and shared from their lives significant moments when God touched them in their lives. It was a way of remembering corporately, as Israel did in Joshua, what God has done lest we forget. Very encouraging and made me think of some of my own stories and moments I can remember in my own life that were really significant and impacting. Always good to think about. And now I'm off to bed so that I can get up and work eight hours tomorrow! Yippee! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

I couldn't help but notice that Chrystal was a bit choosy about which end she posed by. Good picture regardless.
You crack me up . .you should have just asked for the popcorn at the window and seen what they would have said. lady. . . "which movie would you like to see?" . . Vanessa . . "no movie thanks, we'd just like a large popcorn please". I love it . You are so much fun. Who wouldn't want to watch Chronicals of Narnia with you? Sounds like you had a great evening.

leslie said...

aww vanessa that all sounds like so much fun! id love to hang out with you and crystal!

Colin and Cyana Gaffney said...

AMAZOOOOOOOOOO