Friday, March 30, 2007

first ride!




Today I went for my first ride with my new bike! It was half an hour ago and I am already feeling sore (can't wait for tomorrow morning when I feel it!) I biked 14.2 km on the Matsqui dyke (thought i'd start small). It was great to be outside and it makes me so excited for all the biking I'm going to do in the future! Now I am off to school and then to work! Working tomorrow and Sunday as well plus a wedding tomorrow, so I am excited for that! And maybe we'll get to school work next week.. sigh.. thought i'd post some pics from my bike ride to document the moment.

6 comments:

Becky said...

That is a great place to ride! We will take our dogs there once in awhile. The scenery and stillness is refreshing! Enjoy the bike, and God's playground!

Chrys said...

Yay for the new bike! Have fun on the hills :)

J Zacharias said...

Wow 14k you crazy girl!! I'm exhausted just thinking about that! Everything looks so green out there! Awww can't wait to see pics of your new fishies!:)
Love Jamie.
ps-can you tell carrie that i say a big hi! i don't have her email:(

Anonymous said...

yay good job ! cant wait to go on a bike ride with you ! (as soon as i get my banana bike!)

Lovella ♥ said...

Such a great place to ride. The pictures are great too.

My dear man and I have a bike built for two. Every once in a while we haul it out and I sit in the back (don't get too strained back there) and off we go.

kelly ens said...

great pictures! the water looks so peaceful.