Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall, Friends and Frogs

This last weekend flew by and with it the sense that fall is here was really strong. I had a great weekend! On Friday night, I hosted a "psych 411 reunion". I took a week long retreat class during the summer, so some of the people who took the class with me along with our prof and his wife came over for dinner and a swim. In the pool we played a fairly intense game of keep-away, which was a lot of fun!!

For a large part of Saturday and Sunday, I was at church singing on worship team, which is also always enjoyable. It was really great to talk to people before/after and in between services. Always encouraging to hear how people are doing and to be able to uplift one another!

Then in the evening, I headed to Fort Langley to hang out with friends. On the way home I noticed a weird spot on my passenger seat. I turned on the light and noticed a frog sitting on my seat!! haha.. At first I was kind of startled, because frogs in the car is not generally an everyday occurence. With hopes that he wouldn't jump on me while driving, I pulled over to let him out. Now when driving all i can think about are the frogs that might be looming in my car somewhere!!

This week I am hoping to become very productive as far as schoolwork goes and to finally get caught up!! I am getting a cold, which is just plain annoying, because my head's stuffed, nose is runny and I can't hear a thing!! Oh well! Serves me right for not getting enough sleep (which is another goal of the week).

And so, this was my post about my weekend because I felt like writing a post. :)

4 comments:

Chrys said...

Lucky! Now we both have strange animals in our cars. You have a frog, and I have my deer! :)
Sounds like you had a fun weekend - good luck getting caught up!

Anonymous said...

hi vanessa
i hooked up to your blog through lovella's and i must say i ahve enjoyed it especially those goergous pics. i am not sure if you ever got my other comment but i was fasinated as i was scrolling down your pictures to find pictures of my neighbours the kroekers in your blog. what a small world. your omi has even been to see me for a massage when she was in winnipeg. the blogging world is indeed very small, what do they say about six degrees of seperation? don't stress tooo much. sounds like you are trying to get a handle on it already...good for you, grab it before it grabs you..........now go to bed! lol

Lovella ♥ said...

ah dear girl, hope your stress won't get out of hand.
Love the frog. Isn't it wonderful when they dress in appropriate fall colours?

Vanessa said...

Hi charlotte! yes, I did get your message and it's crazy what a small world it is! Glad you found my blog though and left a comment explaining the connection! :) do you have a blog too, or do you just like to look at them?