Thursday, November 15, 2007

DISASTER!!!

I convinced my mom to put up Christmas decorations early this year, so for the last week, she has been putting up the gazillion trees she puts up every year. Tonight I was in the bathroom when suddenly I heard my name being called.. My mom was telling me to come downstairs with my camera to document her hours of work. I walked into the living room and saw the fallen down tree. I felt bad, because of all the work that had gone into it, but I also laughed a little.
I was talking to my mom and she sounded funny.. I suddenly realized that she wasn't in the room. So I asked "Where are you?" And she responds "Under the tree!" She started laughing then and the tree shook a little and I could not stop laughing, because of the idea of her being stuck under the tree (I laughed only when i found out she was okay). My friend and I lifted the tree off of her (which was incredibly heavy) and she escaped her tree prison. It had fallen on her while she was trying to move it.

Moral of the story: If you come to my house, please enjoy the abundance of decorations, but don't touch the trees!!! You never know when they might fall on you...


Smashed decorations


Holding up the decrepit tree...

8 comments:

Kristal Sawyer said...

WAYYYY too funny!!!

Kirsten said...

Ok, that was really funny! Glad your mom is okay. Oh, I can't wait to decorate for Christmas. I have to wait a bit longer, though. I am a 1st advent kind of girl : )

Nathan and Melissa said...

Thanks for the laugh!

kelly ens said...

i'm just curious if you took the picture of the fallen tree before or after you got your mom out ;)

Vanessa said...

haha.. well i took it before she got out.. so she actually still us under the tree in the picture!! she's the one who told me to bring the camera down!!

leslie said...

that is so funny, vanessa!! i am so gad you took photos of that! i thought it was funny enough without photos even!

Theresa said...

That tree must be HUGE! There is not one single inch of your mom sticking out from underneath!!!
Poor thing! Good thing she has a holiday planned to recuporate (sp?)!!!

Owen and Bonnie said...

OK, that is seriously HILARIOUS!! I cannot believe she was under that tree - good thing she didn't get hurt. Too bad you didn't get that whole thing on video, that would've been classic!