Saturday, November 24, 2007

Soap Shopping Extravaganza


Well, it was just American Thanksgiving, which means it was time for Lindie's and my annual trip down to the States to Bath and Body Works to get really great deals on our favorite soap! This year we were joined by Lindie's sister Erin. I had not seen her for quite some time and it was so great to hang out again! Lindie and Erin flew in from Calgary last night and we went to Red Robin's, then to Castle Fun Park for some mini golfing fun. Then Lindie went to bed and Erin and I played tennis and baseball on the wii until the wee hours of the morning! The next day (after I have gotten about three hours of sleep), we got up early to combat the border lineups and headed off to the border. The picture above is taken while waiting in line. If it looks like I'm tired, it's because I am. haha..
Lindie and Erin posing in front of the purses (or "bags" as Lindie calls them)

Kissing the whale at the pier


Lindie ran into an old friend at Target who recommended we head to Bellingham's waterfront to find a good place to eat lunch. We were very hungry after all our shopping and good deals we got, and we found a great little restaurant!! And in the picture above, Lindie is sporting her new jacket that she bought!

Cheers!


We thought it would be funny if we "parked" ourselves int he no parking zone..


Very excited to be reading about yachting.


Wave if you love boating!


Ahh.. slippery ice!


If you look at the sign on the door, this picture of me "delivering" Lindie to the door will make sense!





Thought we'd document our trip with a pic next to a Washington/Bellingham license plate. We had to be quick in taking it though in case the owner of the vehicle showed up.


Haha.. Once again, look at the sign in the background to understand!



And we did buy a lot of soap... and lotions (as Lindie likes to add..) And we didn't even have to pay duty!! Hoorah!




Heres a couple pics from last weekend when Chad, Theresa, Cassandra and I went to the Canucks game. We had a great time and Canucks won! YAY!

And that is all for now. This tired little mind is now going to try and do some readings for school!!

And here is my countdown:
11 more days until classes are over
22 more days until my last exam
23 more days until I am on a place to Mexico with Cheryl
29 more days until my birthday
30 more days until Christmas
32 more days until Lindie visits again
36 more days until my cousin and I go on our yearly getaway.

Much to look forward to!! And I must remember to enjoy being in the "now". Even though the now may be exhausting and strenuous... we will make the best of it!

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

that is a LOT of soap (and lotions). i LOVE bath & body works soap. so yummy!

Owen and Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Owen and Bonnie said...

WOW that IS a heck of lot of soap!! You could start your own little shop down in Canada and start selling it...

Fun countdown - looks like you have lots of exciting things to look forward to! Hope everything goes well in your last few weeks of classes.

Theresa said...

Look at all your soap!!! I totally forgot to send money with you, so if you bought any extra I'll totally buy them if you didn't I'll try again next year!
It was a fun night! You made Kassie's year!!! Thanks my friend!

TonyandKaylen said...

I went to Bellingham just this summer! I saw the whale and said "hey! I know that whale!" Haha :)

Looks like you had fun!