Saturday, December 29, 2007

Mexico!


Cheryl and I left my house at 1am and drove down to Seattle to catch our 6am flight. By the time we got to the airport we were pretty tired but that made things a lot funnier. My favorite was the self check-in that we had to do. We had to scan our passports but we couldn't figure out how you could stuff your passport in the little slot that was there. "American passports must be smaller" we decided.. then we realized that I was blocking the nice big scanner that was quick and easy to scan the passport. haha..


Finally we arrived in Puerta Vallarta where we went to our resort, Samba Vallarta. Here was the view from our lawnchairs on the first day.


This was my fake camera for the week which conveniently I used as a bookmark. I read eight books in seven days! Lots of good thinking material and relaxation! So nice to not read school material. I read 'The Shack' (SO good and challenging), 'My Name is Asher Lev', 'Blink of an Eye', 'Sex God', 'Becoming Human', 'As the Leaves Fall', 'Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants', and 'Messy Spirituality'. It was a great mix of easy reading and good thinking material at the same time.


The sunsets every night were absolutely stunning!


View from the beach lawnchairs.


Cheryl and I out for dinner at the Italian restaurant at the resort. Well, at least the restaurant was fancy... hehe



We had a nice convo with the couple at the table across from us. We hung out with them a bit through the week as well.


Eating the Christmas tree... we thought it was pretty.


Cheryl, Willie and I


Willie and I


Every day we got little towel animals on our beds. We were pretty excited about the bunny.



Our favorite bar tender, Martin. He always made special drinks for us to try out.


We decided it would be nice to feed each other.. hahaha


Fire!! They burn the liquor before the put it in your coffee and pass it from container to container-it's pretty cool!


Tequila shots with the waiters


All the kids were going up for pictures, so we decided we would too! haha..



Yair and his new friend at the disco.



Last day on the beach


Cheryl and I decided we were sick of being selected for special screening at the airport! one time, okay, but both times??








We had a great relaxing week! We almost didn't make it home as our flight from San Fransisco to Seattle was randomly cancelled. But luckily we got on a different flight flying standby (even though there were over thirty people on the list!) We got home in the wee hours of the morn, just in time for my birthday on Christmas Eve! (and that is my perfect segue to the next post!)

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

so...i just thought i'd tell you that your trips to warm places make me jealous. glad you had fun though - great pictures!!!

Theresa said...

I'm jealous too! But also happy to see someone being able to enjoy holidays! Beautiful beach!